Monday, August 18, 2008

A day at the beach!


"The sun and the sand and a drink in my hand" is the line from one of my favorite songs. That is the thought that ran through my head yesterday as the Gebben family sat on the beach. Okay, so my drink was water but I got to look through my shades and see everyone that I love. Breyanna was bobbing up and down with the waves and Tyler was trying not to get knocked down by them on his skim board. Ryan was reading his book. It was so nice to sit and do nothing all day. We watched the people walk by, talked to a few people that we hadn't seen in a while, and got some nice color from the sun! Then we moved the party up to the channel and grilled up some burgers with Nick and Kay and the kids. The kids played and the adults chatted. It was nice to sit there and catch up with them about their trip and talk about how the summer was almost done and everyone was going to have to get back into their school routines. As our time at the beach came to a close and Nick started giving Tyler a hard time about not having a girlfriend, I was thinking that I hope when our kids are grown up that we will still be getting together at the beach and that Nick will still be giving Tyler a hard time about his girlfriend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good night...not a girl friend! And then I think of Breyanna w/a boy friend and then I just need to stop thinking! :-) Love ya!

About Me

For those of you that will be checking this out you already now alot about me. So this will mostly be a place to go to check out my family and what they are up to, which is usually no good, but they have their moments. If you don't know I have a hubby and two kids and a dog! I also have lots of nephews and a few neices. I think that is everything that you need to know!